Your wedding to-do list will be growing constantly. Every day you’ll think of something new to arrange but it always pays to be thorough. After all, you want every element of the day to be perfect and showcase how you really feel about your life together.
Getting the venue right is so important. When you first visit a potential location it’s easy to get overwhelmed and forget things so our wedding venue questions will help keep everything in order.
Splitting out the essential questions to ask the wedding venue
To make sure you stay on top of everything, split your questions into the following:
- The ceremony
- The wedding breakfast
- The reception
Questions about Logistics
These are some of the most important and first questions you should ask any wedding venues you visit. Make sure you get answers to:
- Is the venue available on our chosen date?
- How many guests can the venue accommodate?
- Will there be enough parking for everyone?
- Is there disabled parking?
- Does the venue have disabled access?
- Do you have areas we can get ready before the ceremony?
- Can guests leave their cars overnight?
- Is ours the only wedding on that day?
- Do you have an in-house wedding coordinator?
- Do you have equipment we can use, or will we need to hire our own?
- What will the staff be wearing?
- How many staff will be working?
- Do you have public liability insurance?
- Must we use any of your recommended suppliers?
- Is there anywhere where we can store our wedding gifts?
- Do you clean up the next day?
- Do you allow fireworks or lanterns?
Questions about Payment
Staying on top of your budget is vital when planning a wedding. Always ask:
- How much will the overall total be?
- How much will the deposit be?
- When do we need to make our final payment?
- Is there an option to pay in instalments?
- Is VAT included in the final price?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- Is there any charge for bringing our own suppliers?
Questions about the Ceremony
Some wedding venues give you the option to hold the ceremony there too. If you want this,make sure you ask:
- Are you licensed to hold wedding ceremonies?
- Who will be conducting the ceremony? Can we meet them?
- Which rooms are licensed?
- What time can we hold the ceremony?
Questions about the Wedding Breakfast
Everyone talks about what they eat at weddings (nearly as much as the bride’s dress), so make sure you get it right with these questions for your venue:
- Is the price worked out per head?
- What happens if we have late cancellations?
- Do you charge a corkage fee?
- Is a complimentary tasting menu provided with the fee?
- What are the different menu options we can offer our guests?
- How many menu choices can we offer on the day?
- Is there a vegan menu?
- Are there options for children?
- Can we use external caterers?
- How many people can be seated on each table?
- What are the options for the head table?
- Do you have microphones for the speeches?
Questions about the Wedding Reception
You want people to dance, have fun and be merry. You’ll also need to cater for any evening guests arriving so ensure you ask:
- What food can you provide for the evening?
- Do you have any recommendations for DJs or bands?
- What time can the band or DJ set up?
- What time do we need to finish by?
- Do we need to leave the main room, so it can be set up for the evening? If so, how long does this take?
- What are the prices of drinks?
- Is it a cash only bar or do you accept card payments?
If you stick to this checklist, you’ll be able to pick the perfect venue that’s right for your special day.
If you’d like to speak to us about booking your own special event, our team are ready to help make your celebration one to remember! Call us on 0161 832 6256 or fill out our contact form here.